Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

A Tasty, Snacky Recipe

I can't believe tomorrow is Thanksgiving - I'm ready for it, but I still can't believe that it's here. It seems like we should still be rummaging through the leftover Halloween candy, don't you think?

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, from the parade in the morning to the football that will be on for the whole rest of the day. I like that turkey-coma feeling, and I love pumpkin pie, and I even like that it takes nearly six hours of prep for a meal that lasts less than an hour.

You know what I don't love? Cleaning up (which is why we've instituted the Kristina Cooked It, Someone Else Cleans It rule at Casa Knight). Also, after slaving away for six hours, the last thing I want to do for about a week afterward is cook. And there are always people in our house who come looking for snacks an hour or so after the big meal.

I know, after all that turkey who has room for snacks? It's a mystery to me, too, and yet every year - usually in the middle of the second football game of the day - someone (*coughRadioMancough*) comes into the kitchen looking for a snack. I've found that sometimes a little spice is the perfect thing to make turkey-tummies happy. So, I'm sharing my super-simple Easy, Cheesy Dip recipe today. It's so easy there are 3 ingredients. Seriously, three.

Ingredients:

1 container of Philadelphia Cream Cheese - the kind in the foil wrapper and don't go with the light version
12-16 oz of salsa - brand is your choice. I'm partial to Tostitos or On the Border
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Directions: 

Allow the cream cheese to soften for 45 minutes before beginning preparations. Once softened put the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and pour the salsa over it. Stir with a spoon until well mixed - you don't want chunks of un-mixed cream cheese. Put the mixture in a serving bowl and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Cover and refrigerate until party time!

Although this dip is great with tortilla chips, I think it's the best with Fritos Scoops. Also, if you like a lotlotlot of spice, add some sliced jalepeno.

That's it. Enjoy! Do you have any favorite snack recipes - especially those that are super-easy for the holiday season?




Kristina Knight's latest release, Protecting the Quarterback, is available now from Harlequin Superromance: 

This is more than just a game … to her


Sports broadcaster Brooks Smith has always been more involved with the game than the players. But after she shares the spotlight at an awards ceremony with tabloid sensation Jonas Nash, one night of letting her guard down around the infamous quarterback spirals into many heated days and nights together when she gets assigned to the story of the year…

The hottest player in professional football is hiding a secret that could end his career for good. Now Brooks is caught on the sidelines between the job she loves and the man she is falling in love with.

Amazon  B&N  KOBO  iBooks  Harlequin

You can find out more the book and Kristina on her website, and feel free to stalk follow her on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

No comments: