Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Roxanne Snopek: Favorite Quotes About LOVE

Lately, I’ve been running across pithy sayings about love and romance. Here are a few of my recent favorites:

I know that over a quarter-century of loving and being loved by the same man has given me strength and courage I’d have never, ever thought possible. Of course, they also say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger, right? ;)

As Rita Rudner says:



But what does love look like? Here’s what my character Pamela told Dane in The Millionaire Daddy Project:

As this one from The Princess Bride illustrates, love involves sacrifice and service. Westley will do anything for his beloved Highness, and when he says “as you wish” he’s really saying “I love you.”

This, from psychologist Eric Fromm, always makes me think of how love makes us both strong… and vulnerable… and strong again.



And finally, another comment from Dane, when he finally realizes he is in love. (SIGH!)



Now, go share this with someone you love. And to show my love, I’ve got a $5 Amazon gift card(or other e-book vendor of your choice) for one lucky person. Leave a comment here before July 7 to be entered.

The Millionaire Daddy Project is available at:
Amazon






6 comments:

dstoutholcomb said...

to love and be loved... I can't find who it's attributed to, but it's in several things, even a song...

Denise

dstoutholcomb said...

It's George Sand: "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved."

of course, there are some other variations...

Roxanne said...

Hi Denise! The version I adore is in Moulin Rouge...
"The greatest thing
You'll ever learn
Is just to love
And be loved in return."

Now I want to watch that movie again.

Thanks for stopping by!

Mary Preston said...

Great quotes.

One of my favorites is from Lord Of the Rings:

“I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.”

Laney4 said...

I just read this one today - and feel that this should apply to ALL genders:
"Every girl deserves a guy that will treat her with respect and genuine love."

Roxanne said...

Mary, I remember hearing that line for the first time. What a heart-clutching moment. Thank you!

And Laney4, you're right, it applies across the board, doesn't it?

Thanks for stopping by!