Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Music Behind: Protecting the Quarterback

If you've followed me much on social media - or visited my house or ridden with me in a car or...you get the picture - then you know music plays a big part in both my writing and my life.

Music plays from the time we get up in the morning until we turn in for the night - country, pop, R&B, showtunes, jazz...it can all be heard in our house at one time or another.

The same is true for my writing. Depending on the stage of my books, I'll listen to different types of music. Lately, I've been in a country music phase - Dierks Bentley, Chase Rice, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert...those are a few of my favorites. Some songs are purely for fun (think Drunk on a Plane or Somewhere on a Beach by Dierks Bentley), some are for atmosphere (think Take Your Time by Sam Hunt).

The playlist for my latest Harlequin Superromance was especially eclectic - I listened to the Muzak version of old showtunes during the drafting phase (I'm not sure why, the channel on my DirecTV channel just spoke to me), but the actual playlist was definitely country-heavy.

Here's a peek inside the playlist I created for Protecting the Quarterback:

I'm Just a Girl by Deana Carter
Tattoos on This Town by Jason Aldean
Bourbon in Kentucky by Dierks Bentley
American Honey by Lady Antebellum
Beer with the Boys by Chase Rice
Broken by Lifehouse
Come Away with Me by Norah Jones
Cruisin' by Smokey Robinson
Don't Write Me Off by Hugh Grant

That's a just a peek inside. Some of these were favorites before I wrote this book, but they're all on my favorites list now.

What about you? Do you have a favorite song right now?

Kristina Knight's latest release, Protecting the Quarterback, releases May 1 from Harlequin Superromance: 

This is more than just a game … to her

Sports broadcaster Brooks Smith has always been more involved with the game than the players. But after she shares the spotlight at an awards ceremony with tabloid sensation Jonas Nash, one night of letting her guard down around the infamous quarterback spirals into many heated days and nights together when she gets assigned to the story of the year…

The hottest player in professional football is hiding a secret that could end his career for good. Now Brooks is caught on the sidelines between the job she loves and the man she is falling in love with.

Amazon  B&N  KOBO  iBooks  Harlequin

You can find out more the book and Kristina on her website, and feel free to stalk follow her on FacebookTwitter or Instagram

1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

"From the Ground Up" by Dan+Shay: I even used it in a story.

Denise