Pages

Saturday, January 02, 2016

New Year -- New Books by Susan Sands

Hello All! I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season. We celebrated Christmas in our household, just barely. We nearly missed most of it due to my trying to finish writing the new book. I'd promised to have this baby finished by the end of the year, but too late I realized that the end of the year involved writing during Christmas vacation, which also included time normally set aside for decorating, shopping and cooking. Oh, and I'd made plans to travel between Christmas and New Years. So, yeah, Christmas was a near miss.

For the first time ever, the only decor we had in our house was a lovely tree decorated by my sixteen-year-old daughter (she did a fantastic job), and the gifts purchased in haste on Christmas Eve by yours truly. We did manage to make our traditional homemade cookies somewhere between my manuscript completion on the 23rd and Christmas Day.

Sufficed to say, I don't recommend an end-of-year deadline, self-imposed, or otherwise when you have competing loyalties.

I'm now in Louisiana with my parents for a few days enjoying the food and my hometown. Yesterday it was seventy-five degrees; today it's forty. My suitcase contents don't reflect the changes in temperature, sadly. 

As unprepared as I was for the change in weather here, I'm more than ready for all the exciting changes the new year holds as I prepare for the release of my second novel from Tule Publishing. I can't wait to share the details as they are finalized. I can say that this book is a connected  story to my first, Again, Alabama, and our target date is sometime in April.

I hope you all have a wonderful new year with lots to look forward to and celebrate!

Susan Sands


Twitter: @SusanNoelSands
Blog:  Sweet Home Alpharetta at: http://susansands.com


1 comment:

dstoutholcomb said...

Christmas was a near-miss for us, too!

Congratulations on the new book!