Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Grateful....for the Big and the Small Things!

     I think this is the usual time of year to be thinking about gratitude -- only a week until Thanksgiving and a month until Christmas.  It's the time when family and friendship are on the mind and, as the year ends, we look both backward and forward.  So, I decided to share with you some of the things for which I am grateful this year.



First, of course, I am grateful for my wonderful family and especially for the safe arrival of our newest grandbaby, Sydney Grace! Now, the Brisbins have TWO princesses to celebrate this year, a wonderful thing!

Second, I am so grateful for my readers. The whole purpose of writing is to share my stories with others and it is so gratifying to hear from readers (via email, social media, signings and events). To talk to others who know my characters as well, or better than, I do is so much fun!  And it makes me want to continue writing to share.

Next, I am thankful that Stephen Colbert is back on tv and that Sullivan Stapleton is, too! I'm grateful that Trevor Noah is stepping well into Jon Stewart's shoes on The Daily Show. I'm grateful for all the new romances from all my favorite authors.

Finally, I am so very grateful for two groups of women who are writing colleagues and who have been instrumental in keeping me sane and writing over these last years. First, The Hussies - a group of highly-talented, wonderful writers and women who have or currently write Harlequin Historical romances. No question is barred and support flows easily and often.  The other are the Hermits of Isle of Palms - a yearly writing retreat filled with incredible women who share their knowledge and experience and skills and talents and generosity of time and heart! Both of these groups have helped me keep joy in my heart when I need it most!

Looking forward, I am so excited about watching the princesses growing so quickly over the next year. I am thrilled to be writing more romances in the coming months. I'm looking forward to attending LoveLetters convention and meeting romance readers from Germany!  And so much more in 2016!



So, how about you? Are you in the grateful-frame-of-mind this week? Looking forward to something in the weeks or months to come?  Something special? Something usual?





Terri  is busy working on her next book - The Highland Rogue - for Harlequin Historicals and celebrating her current release - Raging Sea - from the NAL Signet Novels of the Stone Circles series! Visit her website or friend her on FB or 'like' her on FB or follow her on Twitter for lots more news and info!

No comments: