Pages

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Linda Thomas-Sundstrom: “Seduction in a Santa Claus suit?”

“Seduction in a Santa Claus suit?”
And the delight of writing about Christmas…

I love Christmas. Always have. The sights, the smells, the crazy feelings of happiness . . .
So when I was asked if I’d like to write a story about Christmas for Harlequin’s Desire line, I jumped at the chance. (That jump could have earned me a gold medal)

For a paranormal romance writer like me, used to the built-in conflicts and tension of the supernatural world, dealing with two characters in tension for other reasons, seemed a challenge at first. So when Christmas became my theme, I was in, and the writing flowed.

I just asked myself this question: Who doesn’t like the holiday?
I couldn’t honestly answer that from my own perspective, so I added another question: If someone wanted to like the holiday, but couldn’t, for some reason, what might that reason be, and how could they get around it?

And so, in answering that, I had my story. And Kim McKinley’s life took on a life of its own.


Toss in a sexy adversary with a big heart, like Chaz Monroe, who isn’t afraid to try anything to get his best new employee to handle Christmas ads for his agency… and sparks flew.


This is “The Boss’s Mistletoe Maneuvers.” I’m celebrating its release; the book came out yesterday! So if you feel the need for some light-hearted holiday spirit, and would like to share in my delight for the season as that season approaches, I hope you’ll join Kim, Chaz, and me on our crazy romp through love, loss, and the ultimate magic of a very special holiday. We’d love to meet you there.

Thanks for joining me today.
May you find your own magic this year!
Linda

Linda’s website

“The Boss’s Mistletoe Maneuvers”

1 comment:

penney said...

This sounds very good thanks for the review I can't wait to read it.
Penney