Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Amanda Ashby: My current obsession

By nature I'm pretty lazy, so my version of obsession isn't actually that daunting. It doesn't involve stalking or a compulsive need to know someone's star sign or favorite color (though in the case of David Boreanaz, there has been a bit of drool from time to time, but hey, I'm only human). However, for my current obsession, it does involve a lot of listening to the one song over and over again and that song is "Someone Like You" by the beautiful Adele.

I first heard it when I watched a Youtube clip from the Brit Awards (which by the way is always one of the best award shows to watch because someone normally always misbehaves) and since the CD came out I've been listening to it non-stop, to the point where my husband is probably going to drop something on it soon. But seriously, I'm addicted and I can't see it ending anytime soon. On the plus side, as a writer, it's always wonderful to listen to how someone's words, when filled with emotion can really move you (yup, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)




So what about everyone else? Does anyone have a current obsession going on that I need to know about? Inquiring minds would like to know!

Amanda Ashby
Fairy Bad Day Puffin June 2011

9 comments:

Mary Preston said...

No no current obsessions but I'm sure the next one is just around the corner.

marypres@gmail.com

Amanda Ashby said...

Mary - it's nice to have a little break in between them!!!!

Catherine Haines said...

My current thing is the Horrible Histories songs on youtube. Like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xL5GmZg6GM Spartan High School Musical.

Or the Boudicca one. Or the heiroglyphs one. Or the... well, all funny so far.

Amanda Ashby said...

Catherine - oh man - they are so funny! I haven't seen them before!!! A very worthy obsession!!!!

Nas said...

Can VAMPIRE DIARIES be classed as a very long term obsession? Then I'm guilty!

Amanda Ashby said...

Nas - absolutely and I'm so there with you!!!! I honestly didn't think I had room in my heart for anymore vampires but then I saw the Salvatore brothers and it turns out that I was wrong!!!!

Nas said...

So Amanda, which one is your obsession, Stephen or Damon?

I like Stephen but Damon's unrequited love, naughty eyes and the pep come-backs makes him more intriguing! I totally heart him! Don't tell my hubby!

Pat Cochran said...

Oh, be still, my heart! She said his
name! ( My #1 personal hero is DAVID
BOREANAZ, didn't pay much attention
to him as Angel, but when I saw that
reddish-auburn hair on the Bones show! Hoo boy, there's something about those red-haired fellows!) Er..what is the subject? Obsessions? Let's just say
"red-haired fellows." LOL!

Michele L. said...

Ok, I love the food network channel and my favorite show right now is CHOPPED. I love it!

Also, American Idol. I am loving all the new judges this year! In fact, I would go out on a limb and say that these are the best judges EV-AH on Idol! Idol is really an obsession with me since I have seen it ever since the beginning.