Pages

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Prescription For Happy Ever After-- Michelle Monkou


October arrived with much fanfare with the upcoming U.S. elections, ongoing presidential debates, market stabilization (sounds better than bailout) legislation, gas lines/shortages in the southwest, and recovery after Hurricane Gustav.

Now more than ever people need that Happy Ever After.

With a bowl of popcorn, soda, and a warm blanket, I have a short list of memorable movies that could provide a few hours of escape and leave you thinking that the world will right itself.
Feel free to share your list.

Chocolat










Gorgeous Johnny Depp and Juliette Binoche

Thomas Crown Affair (1999 version)







Sexy Irishman Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo

Dirty Dancing









"No Keeps Baby In the Corner" Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey

Hitch








Funny & Charming Will Smith and Eva Mendes


And while you're at it, check out my October release - Gamble On Love.
Michelle Monkou

6 comments:

Jennifer Y. said...

Great list!

I think I'd add "Kate and Leopold," "Sleepless in Seattle," "Sabrina," "You've Got Mail," and "Sweet Home Alabama" to my list.

Jane said...

I would include "There's Something About Mary" and "Kissing A Fool."

Jennie Lucas said...

Michelle, I totally agree with you about the Thomas Crown Affair--one of my all time favorites!

Great list. Thanks!

Maureen said...

Great idea - watch a great movie or read a great book and don't watch the news.

Anonymous said...

Some great movies. I hardly ever get to watch a movie and when I do I can't enjoy it.

Michele L. said...

Oh I love your list! I would add also, "Pretty Woman", "The Wedding Planner" and "My Best Friend's Wedding".